Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elli's First Day of School

Elli started preschool this year. She was so excited. She would ask everyday how many more days until school. That morning she was so excited and could not wait to leave. When we got to the school she got really quiet. If you know Elli you know how shy she can get. I was very anxious for her and did not want to leave until she felt comfortable. We went into her class and we had been there for 30 seconds when she leaned over to tell me something. I was there to comfort her and make sure she was going to be ok. She then told me that I could leave. I almost started to laugh and ctry. I asked if she was sure, and she told me to leave. She still wasn't talking above a whisper but she was ready for me to leave. She loves it. She has made new friends and she gets to go to the same school her Grandpa teaches at. She told me that when she is in her Grandpa's class she will be a big girl. My dad teaches 4th grade. I wonder how it would be to teach a grandchild. Kids you can say no to, but I don't think my dad has ever said no to Elli. We'll have to wait and see.




Elli also started soccer. She runs after the ball but never gets into the group to kick it. Last week it hit her but she still didn't kick it. She just likes the idea of the whole thing. Taj wants to play too. We could probably put him out there and no one would ever notice, he is as big as most the kids out there. We bring our own ball and play our own game on the sidelines. He tells me he is on the red team so we just go along with it. It is hard to be the youngest. I love the stages my kids are in. They are so much fun!!!

3 comments:

Jeanine said...

That is so cute. I can't believe that she is old enough to be going to preschool- AH! How fun. That would be really fun and interesting for her to be in your dads class.

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Hey friend! I love the pictures of your kids and your house! I miss your guts, by the way! Hey, Dan mentioned that he wants to come up and go duck hunting...that would be SWEET because then I could come and see you...

Tulsi said...

It's strange that you are coming on the year mark of your move not to long from now. The kids have grown up so much. Kass thinks Mikele has changed in pictures in just 3 months. Little ones change every minute.