Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping

We went camping a couple of weekends ago up at Potter's Pond. It was so much fun! My brother James brought up a four wheeler and we caught lots of fish. I would go camping a lot more if it wasn't so much work. It was fun though.

Taj woke up at 5:30 in the morning and was ready to play. I talked Lance into taking him fishing, Taj was so excited. He loved camping and loved the dirt and rocks. He loved fishing the most though, he almost fell in a couple of times.

Elli had tons of fun. She loved the four wheeler, I didn't get any pictures. Her and her cousins loved to have their fishing poles in the water but could not be bothered to reeling in their poles when there was a fish on it. Her cousins here are really making Elli girly. There was a field of wild flowers by our campsite. It was so pretty. I made Elli go sit and take pictures. It was at the end of the trip so she looked pretty dirty and she wouldn't look at the camera.

We love living by cousins. Elli and her cousins Hallie and Gracie get along so well. They all love to get their pictures taken.

Elli and Hallie are only a few months apart and they are best cousins. Their personalities are total opposites which probably helps. Hallie says she will not go to preschool unless she can go with her bestest cousin Elli.

2 comments:

Tulsi said...

I just updated Kasses blog and just about commented from his. It is fun to be able to picture some of the place you talk about. We spent alot of time at Potter's Pond. As a family, and Steve and Kass did as scouts. It is beautiful. I'm not a fisherman (won't touch them) so I read.

Jeanine said...

THat is so fun that you took them camping. I am with you on the work part. I just hate to camp. Either Sadie will never get to do it, or I am going to have to bite the bullet once a year or something. I love the picture of her in the flowers- so cute.